Monday, February 9, 2009

"I'm the exception!" "You're MY exception."


Awww. So Lindsay and I saw He's Just Not That Into You this afternoon, and I can't think of a more perfect movie partner to have seen this with! We're always discussing our boy problems - many of which could be settled if we would just admit "he's just not that into me", but that would be FAR too easy! Like reading the book, seeing this new film version was equally as empowering. It made me feel better about finally loosing touch with the Art Director, and it made me re-evaluate current and recent situations. One thing that made both Lindsay and I laugh was the fact that the female characters in the movie all got what they wanted in the end! A bit misleading because I don't think that often happens (being the eternal optimist that I am).

As romantic and mushy the end of the movie was (see quote), I don't want to be anyone's exception. I don't want to be hurt and go through hell until the guy comes to his senses (I think that's what I was doing in the fall. Yeah, that worked out).

But like Ginnifer Goodwin's character, at least I'm putting myself out there and meeting people. If I were to just refuse to meet anyone, I'd end up like Justin Long's character would've.

I definitely recommend this movie, but NOT as a date movie! This is definitely a movie to go see with your girlfriends.

No comments: