Friday, October 24, 2008

How did this happen?

I'm still harping on this! It's the first time that I've ever dated two men consecutively. I'm starting to sway away from over-analyzing it and just go with the flow and play it "cool."

Just to set the record straight - I'm not sleeping with both of them. The second guy (well, the guy I met second) had his chance to make his move on me in that sense this week, and he didn't push a THING. Isn't that amazing? A hetero-guy I know said that's a good sign that he probably wants to take things slow because he wants to see me again. Again, this is very endearing, but even the ladies of The View brought the subject up of taking things slowly in a new relationship and whether or not you should sleep with someone on a first date. One of them said, "What are you waiting for?!" I agree. Though I have taken things slowly before - but also, sleeping with someone right away takes a lot of the pressure and tension out of the mix. /end rant

Wednesday night was fabulous - I have about 30 new Beatles/John Lennon recordings taking up most of my hard drive and my date gave me a very new and very expensive toy from, um, Babeland. It was seriously a stroke of luck that we got on so well when we first met, and I'm very happy to have met him.

I've been trying to make plans for this weekend with people I haven't seen for a while but it seems their only free day is Sunday - the day that I'm already triple -booked for (work -> friend -> date). Then, of course, there are the friends that seemingly never have time for you, and never try to make the time to see you [or your new apartment] ever, and it leaves you wondering, "why am I even trying?"

Has anyone else ever felt like that? I'm hoping "this too shall pass."

I'm very excited for Sunday night - we'll probably go to an exotic restaurant on the UWS. His thing, knowing that I'm a picky eater, is to introduce me to new kinds of food - I think the next type on our list is Brazilian.

And I had a "wow" moment today. Last night a very old [not old as in her age, friends for a long time] friend contacted me about trading Subscriptions for each others galas and I talked it over with my boss and she with hers and things are set. Now, when we met when we were 14, did we ever imagine we'd actually be working and benefiting from our nearly-10 year old friendship? I would've hoped so, but I could never have imagined it actually happening. I'm very grateful for her to be in my life - and look, we both got to look good for our fairly-new bosses! SCORE!

I'm going to have a low-key Friday night tonight after I get out of work, Prom Night should be in my mailbox when I get home, and I have laundry to do, and I might actually getting around to doing yoga. I know, you're all very jealous of my awesome Friday night.

3 comments:

6th Floor blog said...

I'm going to bed early because I have to be at work at 6am, after which I'm going to Philadelphia to the Haunted Penitentary, and then back home, after which I 'll probably have to turn right around and go to work at 6am on sunday.

How's that for a friday night?

btw, I added you to my blog roll.

That Girl Allison said...

Cool! Yeah, I heard about that thing in Philly today from another person I know, that should be fun!

(ps: how'd you find my blog? just curious!)

6th Floor blog said...

I saw your post on the livejournal/newyorkers community.

Hopefully it doesn't rain. partially outside. hmm..