Monday, October 20, 2008

NOT Carrie Bradshaw!


I unpacked a truck load of stuff today in my apartment, organized my books, and baked cookies!... No, you don't understand, I baked cookies from scratch which is amazing considering I've burnt everything from toast to Lean Cuisines. I've made slice&bakes pretty steadily for the past few years. I was feeling adventurous today.

Anyways - from posting the address to my blog on a few Live Journal communities came several hateful comments on the threads and then on my blog. I deleted the comments that were posted here - but after a confidence booster from a friend, I've decided to leave any further comments that are posted. But let me dispel a few assumptions...

*I am NOT trying to be a Sex and the City, or Carrie Bradshaw, protege. I mentioned and quoted the show in a couple of my past entries because it was relevant. I don't write a weekly column or obsess over fashion. In fact, I detest shopping. Though I do like Cosmopolitans...

*Pink has been my favorite color since I was 14 - I hadn't watched a single episode [of Sex and the City] until this past January.

*What do cupcakes have to do with Sex and the City? That picture was from a small article that I had in Time Out New York a couple of weeks ago. I like to go to different bakeries in the city - and I happen to love cupcakes.

I never stated in this blog that it would be detailing my dating life in New York City, or my advice on dating - in fact, my first real entry had nothing to do with dating, simply my love for New York. This is simply an outlet for me to write down my thoughts - and on my mind lately has been a lot having to do with dating. I have a long-overdue dinner date with my two best friends from school so I'm very excited for that!

Thank you to everyone who has stopped by, and please keep on reading! Now if you excuse me, I have some cookies to go eat . . .

No comments: