Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to square one.

No, I'm not referring to guys, I'm referring to my career. As of 10:15am, I became unemployed. They said they didn't want to do it earlier so as not to "ruin my holiday," but I wish they would have. There were two great jobs open a few weeks ago that no longer are (yes, I've checked). BUT I spent the afternoon sending out my resume to people I've interned for, people I know in the industry, people who might know other people in the industry, personal friends... This is who I ended up sending resumes to:

Samuel French, MTI, The Araca Group, Barlow-Hartman, Allied Live, HHC Marketing, Jed Bernstein, Ken Davenport, Theatre Mania, Time Out New York, The Road Company (former internship), The Broadway League (former internship), Andy Hammingson/The Public Theatre, Atlantic Theatre Company/Neil Pepe (former internship), Keith Sherman & Associates (Keith himself wrote back!), Actors Equity Association (where I was also offered a job), The Shubert Organization (where I was offered a 2nd interview), Plumm Benefits, The Signature Theatre, Randi Grossman/Max Merchandise, Eliran Murphy Group, Theatre Communication Group, Marquee Merchandise, Conde Nast....

24. Not bad for a few hours, huh? And also a few personal friends and family members, one of whom introduced me to an employee at MTI - to whom I spoke on the phone with tonight and he was really, really nice! I look forward to meeting him in a couple of weeks. Tomorrow I'm calling the Dodgers. Wish me luck!

No comments: