Saturday, January 10, 2009

The best day all week.

So, by 1pm this afternoon, I had two interviews lined up for two great jobs next week. I was so excited! And I'm getting a call sometime next week to meet with a prominent casting director to talk about my options. Then I went to the Met, by accident, until I realized that they Pour Your Body exhibit was at the MoMA where I made my way afterwards.

The exhibit was amazing; I felt like I was tripping on ecstasy (though I've never taken ecstasy) with the projections, colors, and unique music. It was kind of the that part of Across the Universe where they're at the book release party and Bono sings I Am the Walrus. I read and people watched for a while. I went to Crumbs after and had a very yummy red velvet cupcake.

At 7:55, Amy and I took in a showing of Bride Wars. It felt like there were scenes cut out from the movie, like explaining about Kate Hudson's family for example, that should've been in it. It was just lacking. All in all, it was cute and touching, but probably not worth $12. They repeated something that has given women around the world unrealistic expectations about their wedding day:

"A wedding day is the most important day in a woman's life."

Um, excuse me? This gives unrealistic expectations to women everywhere. People should go back to having marriages, not weddings. Say your vows and eat some cake, save your $100k for something more lasting.

Today was a good day :)

No comments: