Saturday, January 31, 2009

::insert dramatic music::

Okay, so, the date. I know you're all dying to hear whether I put out or not (just kidding, kind of). I'm proud to say I did not.

He came and "picked me up" (wow! who does that anymore??) at my building, and the bar we were going to was kind of busy, so we walked around for a bit, and apparently there are no other bars in my area, so we ended up back at the original one on 96th and Amsterdam. We had a few drinks, and bonded over our love of hard cider and expensive caffeinated drinks, among other things. He's a writer/editor for a law magazine, and he played baseball for like, 14 years in Jersey. We have the exact same views on religion - I guess his private Catholic school upbringing had an adverse affect on him! We both suffer from having little brothers, and he's 27. He seemed very genuine and sweet; we got along very well. He was a complete gentleman as well too, it was so nice. He walked me to my actual door a little before 11, and kissed me. I said goodnight and closed the door. I was so proud of myself. He texted me right after he left and said he had a great time and wanted to see me again.

Though I could've reacted saying, "wow, that was a little quick," I really shouldn't be shunning attention when the guy I dated in the fall barely even acknowledged that we were dating, so... it was nice! I have to admit, I do like affirmations. If you just tell someone how you're feeling, it's a lot easier. You don't have to guess.

But, erm... I'm not allowed to drink vodka anymore. I had two cosmos on the date and yesterday I woke up feeling REALLY hung over. It was awfully hard to get through the day. Maybe our next date can be sober.

And my dinner party last night was fun. I made wayyyyyyyyyyy too much food! I'll be eating pasta for the next two weeks. Oh well! It was fun. Most of my friends don't know each other but they all got along quite nicely. I realized while looking at the invite list that I am friends with mostly men. Geez. I have like, 4 girlfriends. Oh well, most of my guy friends are gay, so I can still talk to them about guys, heh.

Chris was the last-man-standing, and I read him a few passages from He's Just Not That Into You, which he owns and is afraid of reading, and after reading each, he rolled his eyes and said, "This is going to put all my bullshit excuses to rest! This is awful!" But... yes, it will put all your bullshit excuses to rest. Speaking of movies, I really want to see The Uninvited.

No comments: