Friday, January 9, 2009

Exes That You Can't Stand

So, my ex from my senior year of high school (and into my freshmen year of college). He's the ultimate asshole. Don't ask me why I dated him for a year and a half. That's irrelevant though. After him I became serial non-monogamist (hah, can you tell how [not] great in bed he was?) and he became the exact opposite. His last girlfriend of nearly three years, he cheated on with three girls - she only found out about two of them. Poor girl. After that girlfriends' mother got them both summer internships at JP Morgan, he became the ultimate super-boring, money-obsessed banker; actually, I believe he works in mortgages. He stayed on as a part-time employee after the summer and has since sold his soul to Satan for the bottom line.

I haven't heard from him in months, probably because I hadn't texted him, and I hadn't wanted to or even thought of him in those months, until I got a text from him tonight while on my way to the movies:

"So, I was going to leave JPM, but they doubled my salary instead. I'M RICH, BIATCH!"


Needless to say, I was not impressed. I guess he was expecting me to say that I was oh-so-thrilled that the greedy sons-of-bitches who drove this economy into the ground (and in return, cost me my job) are being rewarded oh-so greatly. Anyone who knows me knows I don't fake anything, especially not congratulations that are NOT in order and I didn't in this case either. In the end, I told him I was sad for him that the only way he could validate his accomplishments was to gloat about them to me. He still hasn't answered. Good riddance.

I try not to be negative on this blog, but I felt this had to be said.

No comments: