Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dive Bar, NYC

So, yesterday, though my friends weren't available to celebrate [my getting a new job], I took myself out for a drink. I ended up at Dive Bar, on 96th and Amsterdam. It wasn't NEARLY as seedy as I thought it would be. The bartender was a sweetheart, and the bar was downright CHEAP. I had dinner for $6. I talked to this technology financier who was sitting next to me for a while. I honestly don't remember his name (though he lives a block away from me, so I'll probably end up seeing him EVERYWHERE now), and unfortunately, he was very boring.

It's snowing again today, so I'm in my apartment and warm :) Tonight I'm going to the Sage Theatre to watch a comedy show at 10pm... ooh! I don't know when, if ever, I've been a comedy show. Hey, it's free! Oh, I also have The Terminal and Requiem For a Dream from Netflix. I'm excited to see both of those, especially the latter.


No comments: