Monday, January 19, 2009

"Whoever said life is short was lying, life is f*cking long!" - Dani Super

I was helped to realize tonight that I need to start trusting my own instincts more, and asking for the advice and opinions of others. My friends mean well, but they aren't me. They don't know how certain situations make me feel and what I need to feel good about myself, and about other people. I think in certain situations I need to think for myself and trust my own instincts. I also realized that I rush a lot of things (okay, EVERYthing) in my life. I need to learn how to slow down.

So here's to trusting my instincts and slowing down.

1 comment:

Becka said...

I've had similar thoughts lately. For example, my friend D. met my new boyfriend and she immediately told our other friend that he was boring and has no personality. She just judged him right away, not accounting for the fact that he can be very shy on a first meeting. But I have to keep in mind that she's going through a lot of her own issues right now, thus the projected negativity.

www.twitter.com/Becka_K