Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Don't speak.

I'm about to go to bed but I wanted to write this first. I hate with a passion when significant others call each other baby. It's patronizing and condescending. I've never done it, or allowed a significant other to do it. I'll meet guys in bars who will start with it right off the bat and I make a point to tell them that that isn't okay. I've had friends that have said it makes them "cringe" and then proceed to do it in their next relationship.

Why don't you use their name? Can you not remember it? I think it's definitely more intimate to be using someones' name than a pet name that could be used on anyone. Neither of the current guys have ever tried calling me "baby" and it's not because I've told them - because I haven't, I think they just have more class than that.

Unless you're role playing, I think alternate names [names aside from your first] should be left outside of a relationship.

But then, maybe that's just me...

Oh yes... GO VOTE!!!!!!

No comments: