Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm drinking more soda.

It needs to stop! I resisted yesterday, let's see if I can resist tonight.

I had a low key Friday night, until midnight when I met up with Aaron* for drinks at Calle Ocho. It's where we were supposed to go on our first date, but it turned out to be over packed, so instead we ended up at his apartment with homemade cocktails. We talked a lot. I told him about searching for a therapist and the website I'd found, and he said, "Do you want me to call my old therapist for suggestions? I'd honestly feel better if you found someone that way than through a website." I was touched, to say the least. He also said that he thinks I'm trying to find out who I am and be comfortable with myself, but when I do that I will be a force to be reckoned with.

I think the first step on that path is to surround myself with people who I trust and who make me feel good about myself. If I'm always worrying about "friends" talking about me behind my back, I can't fully be confident in myself.

*name has been changed

No comments: