Friday, November 21, 2008

A Red Light Kind-of Winter


I took in Red Light Winter at my alma mater tonight. I wasn't emotionally grasped in the first act, though much comedic relief was brought effortlessly by Arnaud Spanos (Davis). It wasn't until the middle of Act 2 when Rory Meditz (Matt) gave his monologue (his confession his feelings for Christina) that I got that same haunting feeling (of "I know how he feels! I've had a night like that before, oh my god.") that I got the first time I saw the show at the Barrow Street Theatre. Meditz really did it for me. He really grasped his character and garnered the audiences (okay, mine) sympathy.

After that monologue, I fell in love with the production despite its downfall(s). It runs at 1 Pace Plaza in the new 501 Space on October 21st (8pm) and October 22nd (2pm & 8pm). There is a suggested $5 donation at the door.

No comments: