Sunday, November 9, 2008

Playing on the defense.

I realized last night that I'm way too defensive when it comes to men. Whenever I meet a guy for the first time [at a bar or whatever], I don't go through the usual phases of flirting, smiling, and laughing at whatever stupid things he's saying.... no, instead I tell them right up front, "don't call me baby," or whatever else his banter ignites in me.

I am way too defensive when it comes to men - how I've gotten to know the current two so well is beyond me. I don't like to come off as vulnerable, so I think that's it partially. I also like to give men [save for the current two] a hard time, a really hard time. I like to see how much banter they can take until they're ready to walk away - then I hold back. This lyric describes it perfectly:

And when you're crawling over broken glass to get to me,
That's when I'll let you stay.

No comments: