Friday, November 7, 2008

Oh my God!

"Dude, what happened to your hair?!"

This is one of the reasons why I love my co-worker Sarah (aside from the fact that she let me live with her for a month and a half while I was apartment hunting, that too). She tells it like it is. I had my hair looking funky (headband + claw clip because I was hot) and she just wanted to make sure I knew what I looked like.

Another person who deserves recognition in this category is my long-time friend Lindsay. She'll always listen until I become too much... just too much. She will always support me, and she's there for me - but she's not afraid to tell me when I'm being nuts and need to see a therapist, and I appreciate that.

I've often been told I'm too honest or I'm hurtful in my comments, but really, most people don't tell their friends the truth. I do, and I don't apologize about it. I tell my feelings almost all of the time and people are often shocked at whatever I say, or however I feel. I was about get angry at one of my best friends from childhood last night, then I thought twice and thought it wasn't worth making a commotion even though I was hurt. Past arguments with other friends have been valid though, and I always end up having to condescend to them and apologize, say let bygones be bygones, and we're friends again.

I just can't stand to do that anymore with people who aren't worth it.

No comments: