Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"My fear is that you're going to take the $25 billion and continue the same stupid decisions you've been making for 25 years!" - US Senator

I don't know if you've heard, but GM, Ford, and Chrysler CEO's took private jets to come beg the Senate for a $25 billion bail out. Could you get much more ironic/hypocritical then that? Here's how I see the situation:

- The big American car makers decided a few years ago that they didn't want to invest money in developing fuel efficient or hybrid cars, because they wanted to make the money now (meaning back a few years ago).
- Gas hits $4+ per gallon of gas and people stop buying new cars and especially SUVs.
- Ford/GM/Chrysler have LOTS of cars on the lot that aren't selling and they aren't making money.
- They're about to go under because of bad decisions that they've made and now they want tax payers money.

A general consensus is that American cars are crap anyways. So, I say, let them go under. Yes, I realize that almost 3 million jobs will be lost, but some very greedy & stupid CEO's will hopefully go under with the companies and hopefully have learned a lesson (I know, long shot).

I'm watching CNN and they showed clips of the CEO's getting an ear full (and being ripped a new one) by several members of the Senate, above is what one of them said.

3 comments:

Mark said...

So THREE CEOs learning a lesson is worth THREE MILLION non-CEO jobs? I assume your father/uncle/brother doesn't make cars.

That Girl Allison said...

These workers can be re-trained with more eco-friendly jobs that aren't run by money hungry capitalist pigs. Read my most recent entry.

That Girl Allison said...

ps: who are you?